Ask the Experts: Gallagher Trade Credit Top 5 Tips
We asked David Pulver, Divisional Manager at Gallagher Trade Credit for his top 5 tips for business owners when dealing with credit policies and how to protect your business against loss.
[blockquote]We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., which has more than 9,000 employees worldwide and a non-owned network of leading independent brokers in more than 100 countries. These relationships provide Gallagher’s clients with one of the most comprehensive servicing networks available.[/blockquote]
Here’s what David had to say[list style=”list4″ color=”blue”]
- Make sure you have the correct customer name, ACN and ABN.
- Make sure your sales agreement has clear terms of payment.
- Make sure you have done necessary checking on customers current status (No legal actions – company or directors.
- Check other suppliers to that customer to see if they are being paid on due date (make sure they are not coming to you as a last resort after exhausting all other players in the industry).
- Check if there are guarantees or other security available e.g. Trade credit cover